Dementia Has Many Causes And Must Be Distinguished From Delirium…The Difference Is That Delirium Is Acute And Dementia Is Chronic But Both Have The Same Or Similar Symptoms.
In either case, it is an accumulation of toxins over a lifetime resulting in neurological damage….the toxemia comes from all sources including diet, EMF, water, air, skin absorption of chemicals from cosmetics, and hygiene products. Heavy metal accumulation is pandemic and is a large contributor.
Rational Approach To Dementia:
Detoxification is the only way to allow the body to be restored to adequate and even optimal functioning….THERE IS NO OTHER WAY!
Then, appropriate nutrition to restore the raw materials necessary for healthy new cell production leads to healthy organ function and hence healthy physiology.
The person must be under the care of a qualified physician before beginning this recommendation. This recommendation assumes that the person is under appropriate care and that a qualified physician will administer and manage the situation.
Complete blood work up to detect underlying kidney, liver, or other conditions….then proceed as appropriate with a qualified holistic physician.
- Chemistry profile
- Iron and Ferritin
- Hormones (estrogens, testosterone, DHEA-S, pregnenalone, TSH, FT4, FT3)
- Ca 125, Ca 15-3. Ca 19-9, CEA
Na(2)EDTA chelation (twice per week) for 30 weeks.
Vitamin C 25 gms IV 3 to 5 days per week (5 days for the 1st 2 months then 3 days per week for 3 months then 2 times per week for 3 months then 1 time per week for 1 year.
ALA 600 mg IV after vitamin C (same as Vitamin C)
IV phosphatidylcholine 3 to 5 days per week after ALA (same as Vitamin C)
Glutathione – 1cc syringe – draw up 0.10-0.25ml of a solution containing 10,000mcg of methylcobalamin and 100mg of glutathione per ml. 3 times per week for 6 months….then once per week for 6 months.
Diet For Dementia Patients
- Green juice with apple 3 to 5 liters per day for 14 days with no food then eat 80% uncooked, vegan food and 20% cooked, vegan food for 1 year with 2 liters of juice per day….continue for as long as the person wants to be healthy….chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, and coconut oil to be made into smoothies twice per day except when juice feasting (fasting).
- Black cumin seed oil (2 tablespoons twice per day) Follow with avocado or nut butter since the taste is not much fun.
- Snack on nuts and seeds that have been soaked as well as nut butter either alone or on apples or other fruit.
- Do not eat any processed foods or animal products.
- Do not eat more than twice per day.
- Do not eat for 3 hours before going to bed.
- Fast one day per week on water or juice.
- Colon hydrotherapy 3 days per week for 2 weeks then 1 time per week for 6 months…then 1 time per month.
- Use sublingual melatonin (10 mg) 20 minutes before bed.
- Iodine (Lugol tablets) 25 mg for 2 weeks then 12.5 mg for 1 year.
- Check TSH, FT4, FT3, and basal body temperature to determine if thyroid medicine is indicated.
- Probiotics 3 times per day and before bed.
- Betaine HCl 2 capsules 15 minutes before meals and plant-based digestive enzymes during and after meals (5 each time).
- B12 and folate supplements daily (vegan source).
- Check hormone levels and balance with bio-identical hormones.
- Dental check for abscessed teeth, root canals, and mercury amalgams…..replace root canals with implants (titanium or zirconium) or dentures, remove amalgams (by a holistically trained dentist – not regular dentist)……rinse mouth with hydrogen peroxide 3% for 2 minutes twice per day.
- Sleep by 8:00 PM
- Meditate….sit quietly and listen to breathe for 5 minutes for a week, then 10 minutes for 2 weeks then 15 minutes from then on.
- Read every morning before exercise….if cannot read, someone reads to them and checks for comprehension….can be anything that interests the person.
- Exercise every morning for 20 to 30 minutes….as tolerated…stationary bike, etc.
- Watch funny movies and talk about them….or any type of movie (funny preferred)
- Massage twice per week….touching is important.